Friday 19 November 2010

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here - Gender Studies with Professor Linford Christie

Linford Christie has shocked his fellow I'm A Celebrity contestants by declaring that "it's a man's world".


During a discussion on sexuality and promiscuous girls, the former international athlete said that women "cannot expect to do what men do".

Christie said: "It's a male society unfortunately. [I'm] not being a chauvinist but it is. But you know with guys if a guy went out and he slept with ten girls, he'd come and say and we would just pat him on the back and say, 'Big up', but a girl would say, 'That's a hoe'."

As Stacey Solomon and Jenny Eclair challenged his views, Christie declared: "Women cannot expect to do what men do. [There are] certain things that men do that women should not do."

He continued: "Women are supposed to be more decent than men. I'm sorry to say that… I'm not saying that it's more acceptable in society that men can be skanky hoes and women should not be.

"I'm not saying it's right… I believe there are ways of behaviour women should not do.

"The thing is now where we're going in society because, and this is the thing, because they get the women's liberation thing and women believe that if a man can do this I can do this to...

"As a guy I go around and sleep with women if I wanted to but who gets the reputation, I don't get the reputation…We live in a male-dominated society and this is just how I see it."

An offended Solomon replied: "I don't believe that men dominate and you get more rights than me. I choose to believe I rule my own world."

Christie shot back: "No you don't. Men rule the world. It's your life but men rule the world."

I'm A Celebrity continues tonight at 9pm on ITV1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment