Wednesday 20 October 2010

Government Spending Cuts

Today must be a low point in modern history as George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, announced his spending review. Having bought, gambled and sold with money that was never theirs in the first place, our bankers who should have left the country an inheritance from economic growth have left the UK in debt to the equivalent of £1400 per person.

In these depressing times the following jokes might lighten the blow.

The current economic climate has helped me get back on my feet. The car's been repossessed.

What's the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza? A large pizza can feed a family of four.
I went to a Cash Machine this morning and it said "insufficient funds". I'm wondering is it them or me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment